Competence in bioactive compounds and microbiology
Welcome at the Institut für Biotechnologie und Wirkstoff-Forschung (IBWF).
Based on more then 40 years experience in fungal biotechnology and natural product research scientists at the IBWF are joining forces to:
- investigate new biologically active substances as well as enzymes
- develop tools for the characterization of molecular targets of active compounds
- explore the biosynthesis of specific substances
- characterize biosynthetic pathways
- study plant-pathogen- as well as pathogen-antagonist-interactions.
Our extensive and unique collection of fungal cultures, their natural products and enzymes in combination with our own novel molecular biological test systems for pharmaceutical and agricultural applications provide excellent opportunities for collaboration with partners in industry and academia alike.